Monday, June 8, 2009

Look what the kids found in the yard!!!


The kids found this snake in the yard the other day. I couldn't tell if it was a rattel snake or not because it would not come all the way out of the bushes so I could see the end of its tale. Eric wasn't home and I couldn't just let it roam the yard not knowing what it was. So as scary as it was I got a shovel and hit it until I killed it. It was pretty fast at first and kept darting around. I was freaking out since I didn't know if it was a rattler or not. After I killed it I pulled it out of the bushes and realized it was just a gopher snake. I felt bad to have had to kill it but I guess my kids come first. It would have been cool though to have a cool gopher snake living in the yard. Keeping the mice away.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

poor lil snake...ha!

Stephanie said...

whats going on in your backyard! too much wildlife. all we get is regular birds are rats that sneak around.